- Job description
At ScottishPower we know that people are our strongest asset so we’re always looking for individuals whose energy, intelligence and passion can help us reach our goals.
Join the Iberdrola group’s global IT Digital team, and you will assist in the delivery of initiatives and projects across a varied technical environment using a variety of databases including Big Data platforms in the delivery of Business solutions. It’s the chance to work within a multi-skilled team working across leading-edge technology in a global company. You will act as the Data Architect ensuring the application of best practice data modelling techniques are applied to ensure solution success and on-going good governance.
Knowledge of data modelling, ETL best practise and big data platforms will be essential. Above all, an ability to communicate complex technical concepts at all levels and work within a multi-skilled team are essential.
A specialist technical role, the Data Architect will work closely with the business and other IT colleagues to develop solutions that help them understand, model and govern the company’s data and to ensure best practise is applied in the transit and transformation of data through its journey from creation to actionable information.
The role will also assist the business in the development and management of Enterprise Information Models and best practise Data Modelling and Data Architecture to support Business Intelligence and Data Mining initiatives across the Iberdrola-ScottishPower business.
The role holder will be able to identify, manage and design requirements for data extractions, data transformations and data loading, to and from various technical platforms; including SAS, Oracle Exadata and Hadoop and other NoSQL ecosystems to ensure business value is delivered in the most efficient way.
Role benefits include
- Analyse the existing data repositories and business processes to derive data profiles and identify data sources
- Identify, design and maintain data models as required
- Assist with the definition of use cases and business use of Big Data Platforms such as Hadoop and other NoSQL platforms describing the advantages and disadvantages of options available
- Assist in the design of data acquisition, cleansing, and transformation into target data structures from potentially multiple sources: SQL and non SQL databases, structured and non-structured files, Hadoop
- Present to business, non-technical audience being able to create, prototypes, and demonstrations to help management better understand the work
- Provide advice and recommendations on IT solutions regarding data at-rest and in-transit
- Help maintain documentation of data models and/or other reusable knowledge assets regarding data governance
- Research and analyse business intelligence tools/systems, including design of related databases, spreadsheets, or other outputs
- Research emerging data architecture technologies with a view to establishing new standards and evolving existing standards
- Participate in design and development of data storage solutions
- Ensure data model design and solutions implemented comply with defined ScottishPower security policies
- Provide principles for data management, in alignment with local Target Architecture, Group standards and IS Quality and Security procedures.
- Support Iberdrola entities in transforming our Data Landscape towards a higher level of Customer Centricity by building sound 360º customer view and customer management, and by designing data models to improve knowledge and decision making around ScottishPower’s operation of electricity distribution networks
- Understand when and how to leverage new Big Data technologies such as, NoSQL, Hadoop and foster its usage within the Iberdrola organisation with clear business outcomes
- Define standards for naming, governing, modelling, managing, transforming, cleansing, enriching, storing, and delivering of data across the enterprise
- Define and implement key data management disciplines (data modelling, data quality, Business Intelligence, MDM, Big Data, Data Warehousing and Data marts, Data migration, ETL, archiving)
- Highlight how data is best managed with a clear explanation of impacts on people and organization, business processes and technology
- Cost data modelling and storage solutions for business case purposes including justification of recommended solutions
- Grade: OL17
- Salary: Minimum £45,200 per annum
- Car Allowance
- Pension plan
- Share incentive plan
- Enhanced maternity and adoption leave provisions
- Childcare Vouchers
- Enhanced annual leave
- Caring and development breaks
- Training and development
- And more.
CLOSING DATE: 5th FEBRUARY 2017
- Location: ScottishPower House, Glasgow City Centre
- No of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Employment Status: Full Time
- Selection Method: Competency Based Interview
- Competencies: TBC
Email to a friend
Back to search