Agile Delivery Lead
- Job description
At ScottishPower we know that people are our strongest asset so we’re always looking for individuals whose energy, intelligence and passion can help us reach our goals.
Join the Iberdrola group’s global IT Digital team, and you will assist in the delivery of initiatives and projects across a varied technical environment using Agile delivery techniques and methods. It’s the chance to work within a multi-skilled team working across leading-edge technology in a global company. You will act as the lead project manager ensuring agile project management techniques are applied and projects are delivered efficiently and in alignment with Group Policies and procedures.
Knowledge of agile project management disciplines and best practises will be essential. Above all, you will need a flair for building relationships and communicating complex technical concepts at all levels.
The Agile Delivery Lead will be responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating agile project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering agile projects designed to provide best business value to users.
The role may be responsible for managing several concurrent projects using agile methods where possible across multiple business divisions.
The post holder will be expected to demonstrate an ability to blend traditional project management principles and practices with an Agile development approach in the right proportions in order to provide the appropriate level of planning.
It is expected that in situations that require a hybrid Agile approach, the Agile Delivery Lead will use good judgment and skill to develop a project management approach that is suitable for planning and managing the effort to achieve the project goals.
- Undertake Project Planning and Management through the definition of project scope and schedule
- Organise and lead project status and working meetings
- Preparation and distribution of progress reports
- Management of project risks and issues including mitigations and deviations from plans
- Take responsibility for overall progress and use of resources and initiate corrective action where necessary including the development of contingency plans
- Be responsible for change control and any required configuration management
- Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments and helping to remove impediments to their work
- Assist in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance
- Assist in the provision of Process Management and Improvement through the definition of a well-defined project management process
- Champion on-going process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management
- Assist in the promotion and empowerment of the team by ensuring that each team member is fully engaged in the project
- Preparation of Lessons Learned Report
- Prepare any Follow-on-Action Recommendations required
- Prepare the End Project Report
- Maintain knowledge of new and emerging project management delivery tracking tools and techniques
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Educated to HND/University degree level or relevant IT experience
- Be able to demonstrate significant project delivery experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
- Proven ability to lead projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
- An understanding of Agile Project Management techniques
- Solid experience of Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
- Previous experience within a similar/related role
- Customer Experience frameworks experience / knowledge, such as Design Thinking, Creative Intelligence, etc.
- Project Management and delivery experience
- A demonstrable knowledge and experience of applying agile project management techniques including scrum
- Grade: OL17
- Salary: Minimum £45,200 per annum
- Pension plan
- Share incentive plan
- Enhanced maternity and adoption leave provisions
- Childcare Vouchers
- Enhanced annual leave
- Caring and development breaks
- Training and development
- And more.
CLOSING DATE 5th FEBRUARY 2017
- Location: ScottishPower House, Glasgow City Centre
- No of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Employment Status: Full Time
- Selection Method: Competency Based Interview
- Competencies: TBC
Email to a friend
Back to search